Saturday, February 20, 2010

Carnivale

Last weekend I took a trip to Venice, Italy. I left Saturday morning with my friend Elizabeth. We flew Ryanair down there and then stayed at a friend's house. On Sunday morning, we took the train into town and spent the day walking the city. It is such a romantic city, with tiny roads all over the place. We had a beautiful day full of sunshine.


We made our way down to St. Mark's Square. This is where the main festivities took place. People were EVERYWHERE!! The place was packed, many people in costumes. I had so much fun walking the streets looking at all the amazing costumes. People put so much time and energy into making these costumes, so many details and such intricate designs. We spent several hours finding our way around the town.



In the afternoon, we stopped to get our faces painted. Mine was completed with a very bright and fun design! She added a lot of sparkles on top of it. It was a fun thing to do!


That evening we took the train back to Aviano (an Air force Base). We went out to eat at an Italian restaurant and then went home and relaxed. We were all quite tired after a full day of walking. Lying in bed felt so good that night!

On Monday, we slept in and took it easy all morning. Pam showed us around the base and then we went back to her apartment. In the afternoon we made our way back to the airport. Once landing in Hahn, it was a three hour drive home. I took the first two hours and Elizabeth finished off the trip. Why I mention this…. We took Jay’s car to the airport. His car is a stick and it was the first time I have taken it off post. I drove two hours on the autobahn for my first time driving!! To top that off, it was snowing and we had only one windshield wiper. I definitely had a good grip on the steering wheel. I was quite nervous!! But, I survived… and so did Elizabeth. I killed it in only two places. I still haven’t mastered going from a complete stop to 1st gear. From 1st on up, I can do just fine though! Once we get rid of this snow, I hope to practice some more! I am supposed to be selling this car, but I’m having more fun learning on it!!

To see a lot more pictures, head over to my picasa site!

2 comments:

Kyle & Beth Pettit said...

Glad you had fun. Just about an hour ago I checked you Picasa site to see if you had pictures there...I guess I couldn't wait for your post. But glad to see you had a good time and survived the stick shift on the autobahn. Hopefully we see you soon. We won't be at church tomorrow as Kyle is on staff duty tonight and will just be getting off work as it starts and will only be wanting to sleep. But hopefully everyone is well and we can make it this Wednesday to BS.

sisalrugs said...

This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info made to measure curtain in abu dhabi