Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sunshine!

This past Sunday, we were blessed with a day of sunshine! Most of you won't understand how exciting this is! In Germany, once it hits November, you don't expect to see Mr. Sun until at least March, if you're lucky! Well, just like the groundhog, I guess the sun needed to come out and see if it was time to warm up the world! After the past two days of below freezing temps and more snow, I'm guessing that Mr. Sun decided to wait for the warmer weather! I'm sure ready for it!!


I had to take down the styrofoam we have in our windows so I could let in the sun!! I basked in it for the few hours it came through the window! I love when the sun lights up our house! It just makes me happy!!

My friend, Elizabeth, was in the states for two weeks at a conference. I told her when she returns, she needs to bring the sun with her. Well, she just so happened to return on Sunday. When I picked her up, I thanked her for bringing the sun with her. But then when I talked to her yesterday, I said it would have been nice if she brought more than one day of sun!! Sooner or later it will come... and stay! Let's just hope it's soon!!


Below is a picture of the closest thing that Jay and I have to a child. This tree is in our living room, producing some great oxygen!! We bought it when we moved in because we needed some plants! We went for the big guy, instead of lots of little plants. A few weeks before Jay left, it started to turn quite brown. It could be because I am not a pro-waterer!! I tend to forget that important detail. That has been Jay's job while he was here. He told me he would be quite surprised if I kept this tree alive the entire year he was gone. Well.... I'm doing my best. We are almost three months in and it's still alive!! But, I had to give him a major hair cut. I pulled off lots of brown, dried up leaves. It looks healthier now, but has a big gap in the middle. I think a lot of the problem is that the top of the tree is cold from the window and the bottom part is warm from the heater. It doesn't know what to think!! This is another reason I can't wait for warmer weather. I can open the blinds, turn the heater off, and the tree can thrive again!! I will keep it alive!! I'm determined!!

1 comment:

sisalrugs said...

This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info linen curtains in abu dhabi