Sunday, February 8, 2009

Famous for a Day

Friday was our last day of Spirit Week at school. The dress up theme was Famous Person Day. The students were allowed to dress up as anyone famous. In order for them to not have to follow the dress code, they were required to know a bit about their person. They had to know some history and basic facts. Most of the kids did actors/actresses or singers. But there were some great ones! I decided to go as Jackee Joyner-Kersee. I have always loved her, so thought she would be a good choice. I remember doing a report on her when I was in middle school. As I had predicted, most of the kids had never heard of her! I made medals that I printed off from the internet and made myself a running tag to complete my outfit. I wore my running pants and a sweatshirt. I thought about doing the track tights, but wasn't sure how the kids would react to that. When I got home that afternoon, Jay's first comment was "you can wear that to school?" He didn't think my running pants were school appropriate. Then I explained to him who I was and showed him my medals. He was rather impressed with my outfit and wanted to take pictures, so I put it all back on! Here are a few pictures!

No comments: