Thursday, February 5, 2009

When is it nice to be young?

After school today, I was standing in the office talking to one of the secretaries and our maintence manager. Then I went out into the hallway and was standing in the doorway to the office talking to a few teachers. The secretary yelled at me and asked how old I was. I told her I was 24. The maintence manager thought I was one of the kids! I know I looked like one today with my wacky tacky clothes and my hair in a ponytail, but do I really look that young? Last year when I was teaching 5th grade, I had a lot of people think I was a high schoolers. I know someday I'll be glad that people think I look young, I'm just not sure when!!

4 comments:

aeb said...

I think I have the same problem sometimes! It's harder when you work with high schoolers though, and people think you are one, where as in elementary, they can tell the difference! :)

J-D-K-G said...

Gina-I get that a lot working at a university...well, not as much as I used to when I first started working, but it got old! Or maybe it got young...!

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Well, I have some middle and high schoolers that ask me if I'm in college. So I guess that makes me feel young. And they usually guess my age around 21-23. Just a few years off. I say enjoy it now! Because that way you will look young when you are actually old! :)

Unknown said...

Yes, you do look that young (most of the time). ;)