Monday, February 23, 2009

Valentine Party

I had a party at my house with a few of the Cav Ladies. We had a Valentine’s theme for the night. We had a lot of great food to eat and had a fun time socializing. I made the sweets and another lady made the "good for you" food. I made mini cherry cheesecakes and heart sugar cookies. I had a mess and a table full of cookies, but they were fun for me to make.



After we were done eating, we went around and everyone told their story of how they were proposed to. There were some funny stories, sweet ones, and a few where the guys weren’t so planned. We had a great time listening and imagining all of these engagements.

We were hoping to make homemade cards, especially a Valentine’s card, but we quickly ran out of time. We spent too much time talking that time got away and it was 9:00 before we realized it. Here is what the cards would have looked like.

Instead, I still have all of the supplies sitting here. I’ll be sending a lot of cards out in the next year! I told Jay he’ll be getting the same Valentine card for the next 20 years!!


2 comments:

J-D-K-G said...

Gina-Your place looks so great! I love the colorful colors in the kitchen-makes me want to cook and EAT! Great decorating, friend!

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Yea for the heart shaped cookie cutter! Glad it worked out for you. And thanks for my fun birthday card. I liked it. Job well done sista!