Sunday, June 7, 2009

End of Year Teacher Party

Last night, Jay and I went to the end of year party for the all teachers and staff. We spent the entire day at a softball tournament in Ansbach for the girls I have been coaching all season. We got poured on all day and it was freezing, but we were still out there playing. We ended up loosing both games. I love softball, but I'm sure glad this season is over. Too many moody fifth grade girls!!

Back to the party, we had dinner once we got there. We were over an hour late, so missed the social hour, which wasn't a big disappointment. Jay ordered a schnitzel and spargel. Spargel is the german word for asparagus. It's huge over here, both green and white. To make it white, they have the fields covered with tarps so that it doesn't get sun. I had pancake soup, which is little strips of pancake in a chicken broth. Both meals were great!

After dinner, they had a drawing for the table decorations. Jay and I both won potted plants!!! Jay gave his to another teacher since we didn't need to bring two home. Now the trick will be to keep it alive. I won the orange daisies and Jay won the purple flowers.

1 comment:

Risala Furniture said...

This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info. Commercial Flooring Manufacturers