Friday, June 26, 2009

Preparing...

Tomorrow's the big day! We have our Lady Spur Ride at the squadron and I'm really excited. We get to try out a lot of things that the guys do on a normal basis. A few of the stations are a litter carry (one person laying on a board, four people holding the board and running) grenade toss, assembly/disassembly of a M9 and a M16, shooting simulator, putting on parachute equipment, mock jump, and an obstacle course. I tried my outfit on tonight to make sure it all worked. I am wearing Jay’s ACU pants and a shirt that we made today. We are also putting camo face paint on! We’re going to look great!

I made flash cards today to help me learn some of the material. I’ve been struggling to learn the enlisted side and what each position does. I think I now finally have them figured out. I also learned the Army chain of command, starting with a squad and finishing with the entire Army. A few more things I need to concentrate on and then I’ll be good to go.

Here is Jay helping me out with the Army crawl. I think I’ve got it down!

3 comments:

The Houstons said...

this is too cute! I love you guys! Good luck tomorrow!!!

Mom said...

Good Luck!
We will be waiting to hear results.
Have fun!!

Risala Furniture said...

Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility? Carpet Installation