Monday, June 22, 2009

Wishing we were home!

Andrea, Jacob, Jacquelyn, and Nicole

I am really wishing I could be home right now. My entire family.... and I mean EVERYONE (including my sister and her family from China) was home this past weekend. My sister and her family flew in at the end of last week and will be hanging around for a couple weeks. That means my niece and two nephews are home and I can't even see them. Along with them, my other sister and my brother and his wife are around.

My mom and my youngest nephew, Alex.

Yesterday, there were 15 people at my parents house to celebrate Jacquelyn's fifth birthday. They had a huge feast for dinner and it was one of my favorite meals! Jay and I were wanting to be there so bad! In the middle of their afternoon, our night, I called dad to tell him Happy Father's Day. It happened to be great timing because they were getting ready to have cake and ice cream for Jacquelyn's birthday. Instead of talking on the phone, we hopped on the computer. Jay and I got to be on webcam and join in on the singing of happy birthday and watch Jacquelyn blow her candles out. We also got to see my whole family, grandma and grandpa, my aunt and uncle, and my great aunt. It put me in tears afterward, but I'm sure glad we could be there (kind of).

I can't wait to go home again, but unfortunately I'll be flying solo. Jay will be deployed by then so Christmas will be lonely. It will be so wonderful to have my family around me! I miss them all so much!!!!

3 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Well, we missed you too. But glad technology brought us all closer. And it was a Father's Day celebration....with a birthday on the side. :) My centerpiece had these on little penant flags: Happy - Father's - Day - Cool Dad.
I guess I should have taken a picture. Love ya! :)

Mom said...

We miss you too and wish you were home but know it is much more important to be with your husband where you are. We are so proud of you guys!
The kids are SO MUCH fun. I'm playing with them for you. Love ya both!

J-D-K-G said...

Gina-You brought tears to my eyes! I've given your sister a hug for you :)