Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Great Saturday!

It's been a great day around here! I really haven't left the house, but that's what made it so great! It was nice to stay put and get so many things done. I was able to sleep in a bit this morning, which felt so wonderful! I love waking up on my own and being lazy to get going! Once I was up and going, I had the house cleaned, laundry done and put away, and cookies and a cake made all by noon! That left the rest of the day all to myself! I don't even know what I did all afternoon, but the time disappeared quite quickly!

I started to work on digital scrapbooks. I did two books awhile back and haven't been back on to do more. My goal is to do a book for every country we've been to. I have three countries printed, finished two books tonight, and have only 15 more to go!! It's going to take me the next year to get them all done! They will be great to have in the future. It's been fun to look through the pictures and remember all the fun things we have done. I can't wait to go to even more places!!
These are two I have done already.

After making two books tonight, my eyes are ready for a break from the computer. Too many hours spent staring at the screen. So, now it's time to enjoy a piece of cake!!!

As I was making the cake this morning, this happened....

I can put it back together, but as soon as I start mixing again, it falls apart. This made it rather difficult. I ended up using a whisk. Took longer to get out all the chunks, but it worked. Anyone have a good idea on how to fix it so it doesn't keep falling apart?

2 comments:

Dad said...

Send it home and I will silver solder it. I have done that to Mom's before. Or go buy a new mixer. It's probably cheaper than send it home. But if you do, send a piece of cake too. OK, many pieces of cake, to pay for the fix.......

sisalrugs said...

Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility? modern curtains in abu dhabi