Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone enjoyed New Year's Eve and that you all have a wonderful start to your new year! We celebrated very simple with family and friends! Before people came over, we were able to talk to my sister and her kids in China! It was fun to see Alex walk all around the room. This is the closest I have been to them for nearly two years! I haven't seen them since our wedding!

Once people arrived, we had soup and sandwiches and then pulled out the games. We played pictionary with the kids. Then we played Imaginiff and Apples to Apples! It's always fun to play games with big groups!

We watched the ball drop at 11:00 because some were falling asleep already. Especially Carson and Adam! I would have been in this group too, but I was forced to take a nap in the afternoon so I would be able to stay awake!

We watched the ball drop at midnight again. There weren't very many awake still (we weren't a real lively group). This is when I got to kiss my husband!!! (It's the best we could do. Maybe next year.)

After midnight, most of the crowd left. Amy and Ashley stayed to play Phase 10. We thought we would let Jay play with us! He's over on the far side.

It was a nice and calm New Year's Eve celebration, especially after last year's, when Jay and I were in Bamberg shooting off fireworks all night. I was glad to be with my family and friends! I hope 2010 speeds by and next December comes fast. There will be lots of things happening throughout the year that I am excited for! I know we'll stay plenty busy! Right now, we just have to take it one month at a time!

No comments: