Saturday, March 21, 2009

It's Finally Official!

Even though Jay was supposed to be promoted at the end of February, both he and the commander have been too busy to get it done. Finally this week it happened! On Thursday, our troop had a Change of Command ceremony. We have a new commander and his wife took over the FRG. Both Jay and I are excited about these two. They should be good!! After that ceremony, the couple had provided food for a reception. We went to the day room with the rest of the troop, which is also where they had planned to do Jay's promotion. I stuck around (during my very long lunch break) so I could watch. The col. let me help pin, so that was exciting. Col. changed the rank on his chest and I changed the pin on his hat. Then Col. told me to give him a kiss.... that was quite difficult considered the shape our faces in. So, he got a cheek to cheek instead. It was the best I could do. So, we finally have a 1st Lt. on our hands!!! Yeah!!!


Putting his new rank on his hat.

Notice Jay laughing because I couldn't really kiss him!

Col, Jay, and our new Troop Commander

1 comment:

Risala Furniture said...

This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info. artificial turf in abu dhabi