Sunday, March 8, 2009

SO MUCH POTTERY!!!

I spent the weekend in Poland with two friends shopping for pottery. This was my first time pottery shopping, but I went with two very experienced ladies! They definitely knew what they were doing! We got into our town around 4:00 on Friday afternoon. We hit up several shops on the way and started the buying!! We are supper at a neat woodsy restaurant and then we found our hotel. The place was darling! It used to be an old barn, but has been restored and it so beautiful. The wood and stones added so much to it! We spent the ENTIRE day shopping on Saturday, from 9-6!! I was plum tuckered by the end of the day, and out of money!! I was amazed by how much pottery we saw. I had a picture in my mind what it might look like, but I had no idea! Pottery was stacked EVERYWHERE! I kept with the sales racks for the most part! I found some great deals, buying bowls, platters, and such for $5-10. Not bad!! Last night we ate supper in the hotel, which was delicious. We then sat on the couches in front of the fireplace, drank our hot chocolate, and chatted the evening away. It was so relaxing and enjoyable!! I had such a great time. We hit a few more stores up this morning on our way out of town. Our car was as full as possible, so we had to go home!! It was a great trip!!
The front of our hotel.
Our bedroom
More pottery!!

Before eating supper


This was what the trunk looked like by Saturday afternoon, only halfway down. By Sunday morning, not another bag was going to fit in the trunk. It was stuffed shut! We had to be careful closing the lid. The back seat was full of our suitcases and the floor was stuffed with more pottery. There was enough room for me to sit, but that's it!! Not a single thing more would fit in our car, literally!

3 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Wow! Glad you had a fun weekend! Did you get me a piece of pottery???

Farmgirl Chaos said...

And does every piece have blue in it? It sure seems like they do.

Risala Furniture said...

Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility? carpets underlay in abu dhabi