Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Our First Anniversary

Our first anniversary wasn't what you would typically think of. I'm sure it was quite different from any of yours. On Sunday, Jay was out in the field. He's been out there for a week and has another week left. While he was busy training, I spent the day riding home from Poland. I thought about him the whole car ride, but that's about as good as it got! When I got home, this note, written in marker on scratch paper, was sitting on the table.

I couldn't help but smile! No, it's not ideal, but it's our life right now and for the next few years! Nothing is ever ideal in the Army. I just kept thinking about how fun it will be to read this in 10 or so years and think back about the lives we lived while in Germany. We are getting to do some amazing things over here that will probably never happen again. God has really blessed us! He has definitely blessed me by giving me such a wonderful guy to spend my life with!! What a great God we have!!

3 comments:

J-D-K-G said...

Happy Anniversary, Gina! How time flies, huh? You'll have to plan something special when Jay is back! By the way, your Poland Pottery Pics were fun!

Kyle & Beth Pettit said...

Happy Belated first Anniversary. Sorry you guys didn't get to spend it together, but as you said it is the Army life. Kyle and I finally got to spend anniversary number 3 together and it just so happened that his R&R landed during it...we got lucky!
Enjoy the end of your week and I hope you two have a great weekend!

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Yo Little Sista!! Are you talking about a header deal that you want? I haven't made a background for me yet. But I hope to sometime next week. Let me know if and what you want.