Monday, August 31, 2009

1st Day of School

Today was our first day of school at Schweinfurt Elementary! It was an absolutely beautiful day outside! I picked up my kids outside on the playground this morning and brought them into the room. We had a few moms followings to come see the room as well. They stayed for a few minutes while we all got settled and then said their good-byes. We had a great day in the classroom. We did a few "get to know each other" games, talked about goals and guidelines, passed out books, had lunch, recess, and music class. After that, I attempted to take a writing sample from the kids, but then the fire alarm went off. This one wasn't planned, so we stood outside for 20 minutes while the fire trucks came and checked the place out. We got back in the building with enough time to pack our bags and head for home! I don't know where the time went!! I'm hoping every day goes that fast. It was great!!

I stayed at school until 9:00 tonight. I completed lesson plans for the rest of the week. It is feeling great to be sitting here and not working on school things. I've been overwhelmed with it all the past several days. I am finally getting caught up and not trailing behind. My room is as done as it's going to get. Looks just fine compared to several of the others. And now that my lesson plans are done, I'm sitting good!! Now it's time to relax, and enjoy teaching!!

A few pictures of my classroom. Megan took my first day of school picture, but I didn't get it from her. I'll try and do that tomorrow! She took it so she could send it to Jay, knowing he would want to see me!


The before shot. I wish I would have taken a picture a day sooner, as it was much worse, but I didn't have a camera. This is after it's been all cleaned up, just not decorated.

Starting to get some organization and some decorations up.

Nearly finished. This is what it looked like by Sunday night. I added a few more details to it this morning and then called it good. Elizabeth was the wonderful Edward Scissorhands that cut out all the pictures on the doors. I couldn't have done it without her!




This is a small part of the MANY boxes (probably around 100) that were stored in the closets. You wouldn'tbelieve how much we threw out!! It was crazy!!

4 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Looks great sista! What will you be hanging from the clothes line in the middle of the classroom?
Job well done!

Mom said...

I knew you could do it!

Good job!

The Schilling's said...

Your room looks great for such a short notice!! Good Luck with the year.

Risala Furniture said...

The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much
bed without headboard