Monday, August 17, 2009

Axes and Allies

Yesterday, we went over to some friends house to play the game Axes and Allies. We brought along Josh so he didn't have to sit in the hotel his last weekend in Germany. Knowing the game takes around 8 hours, we started right after church. We all brought meat and sides and had a BBQ first. We had hamburgers, brats, and ribs. All of it was great. I was so excited to eat an American brat. German brots are good and you can find them everywhere, but I was craving good ol' Johnsonville! We started our game around 1:00 in the afternoon. I was hoping to be done by supper!!

Yes, I was the only girl to play. The other ladies enjoyed chatting and watching a movie. I'm too competitive to sit out a game like this!

Well... as the game slowly moved on, taking almost an hour for one round (everyone taking one turn). Jay's attention span quickly got the best of him. He spent more time on the computer than watching the game. He would take his turn, then go do something for 45 minutes or so before it was his turn again. If he wasn't on the computer catching up on news or watching videos, he was playing with the little army guys!

Unforunately, he owned Japan and never made it off his island. I, on the other hand, owned the United States and couldn't leave the table. I was the pulling threat for the Allies!! It hit 9:00 and we were a long ways from total domination. I put a 10:00 cap on the game since we had three guys that had PT in the morning. Well.... it was 9:45 and still no end in site... so we thought. While the Allies were strategizing, the Axes had it all figured out that I was concentrating on other parts more than my countrty. Jeff said it was time to end the game and captured my capitol city (Washington D.C.). We didn't officially finish out the game to total domination, but it was a given who was going to win. So, we finally called it quits! It was a good game, but it will have to be a long time before we play again. It took way too long and my rear was sore from sitting in a wood chair!

Nonetheless, we had a great time being with friends and eating delicious food!!

2 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Crazy. I've never heard of this game before. And I think I might be in the same boat as Jay....not being able to sit there for that long. Might need to read a book or something.

Risala Furniture said...

The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much
buy floor cushions Dubai