Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cav Coffee... BBQ Style

I hosted our Cav Coffee tonight for 16 wondeful ladies and two babies! We had a great turn out which I was really excited about. We had a BBQ theme and held our party outside. Earlier this week, Jay asked our landlord if we could use his little social area for our party. It's actual a car port, but they often times use it for get togethers. He has a couple big tables which he set up for me! I added my card table, set up a table to put food on, and we were set. I was really excited to use his rope lights that he has on the roof. We see them every time they have a party and they look so neat. The ladies really thought it was festive!

Our menu for tonight was pigs in a blanket, BBQ chicken, pickle wraps, fresh fruit, m&m bars, and smores bars, along with a wide variety of beverages. We had the perfect amount. I thought I had way too many pigs, but I ended up with only 5 left. The ladies kept popping them in their mouths, so must have liked them. All week, I've been worrying about these pickle wraps, because no one knew what I was talking about. I have come to the conclusion that it must be an Iowa thing. I kept asking people for recipes or telling them that they were on the menu, and no knew what they were. When I described them, I didn't get very satisfying looks. Nonetheless, I started with a plateful and ended up with none! They must have been good. I have quite a few bars left, but those are easy to hand off to people. I'll take them to VBS tomorrow and they'll be gone in a flash.

For hosting a party, our leader always presents us with a gift. She usually tries to fit it to the theme of the party. This time, she got me a towel and a hot pad with hot peppers on it, along with a bag of hot tamales.

I have been told by Judy that I can't host for a long time now. This is the third one I've hosted this year, so I have to wait awhile now. For this party, I signed up to help another lady host. A month ago when we were figuring out a theme and what to eat, I asked if we were having it at her house. Her response... "Well.... can we have it at your house instead." So, here we were tonight, but that's just fine with me! I love having people over, just wish food wasn't so expensive!

2 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Yeah for outdoor parties! Too bad we can't have an outdoor party like this at Christmas time. I guess we'll just have to play in the snow instead, and look at the Christmas lights around the house.

Risala Furniture said...

The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much arabic majlis Dubai