Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Vacation Bible School

We are in the midst of Vacation Bible School here at Schweinfurt! Our theme this year is Crocodile Dock. We have a new animal friend each day who gives us our verse and our lesson. I am a crew leader, leading six little crocodiles closer to God. These are my kids!!

I have a wonderful assistant leader, Justin! Justin is our chaplain's son and has been very helpful! He even sings and dances to the songs! Most of the middle schools think they are too cool for that. I'm so glad to have him!

On the first day, we learned about Moses and the burning bush. Today, we learned about Pharoah and the plagues. My favorite part of VBS is the songs! I like to act silly and sing and dance! Myra, our leader, needed help on stage today with a song. We do sign language to the songs and this song had an echo, so she wanted someone to do the second part. She asked several of the ladies in the back and they weren't too keen on getting on stage. Some how my name was suggested, so up I went. It was a lot of fun though. I love doing these things with the kids!

We have three days left. It should be great, but I know by Friday I'll be tired! The kids are so full of energy, but I can handle that. I love being crazy with the kids!!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Isn't that neat how we can teach God's love all over the world by doing the same Bible School theme as our little Iowa town?
Enjoy VBS and the kids!

Risala Furniture said...

The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much
black cushion covers Dubai