Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Volunteer Appreciation Supper

I've been spending several days preparing decorations for our 1/91 Cav Volunteer Appreciation Supper. I said I would help out and ended up planning the entire thing. I had fun planning it though, not stressful at all! I spent all day yesterday baking cakes and cupcakes. I frosted them today. The cupcakes were easy to frost. I used vanilla frosting and put red sugar sprinkles on top. I decided to tackle a cake with our unit crest on it. The SCO's wife mentioned it, but didn't think she could do it. So I said I would try. It took me all morning to get it done, but I am happy with how it turned out. I guess I learned a lot from watching mom and grandma frost so many cakes when I was younger.

Our theme for the night was "Volunteers are the heart of the Cav" so I had hearts around the side of the cake.

Judy and I were at the restaurant early to get set up. I put center pieces on each table and a heart at each setting. We also decorated the cake table. We put the big cake in the middle and the cupcakes around it in the shape of a heart. It all looked good!

We had a good turn out with 40 people there. We had a buffet style supper that was really good. Each troop commander served the wives drinks and dessert. We were able to sit and relax. Each volunteer was presented with a certificate, a tote bag, and a unit pin. Overall, it was a good night!

3 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Glad the cake made it there in one piece. Did the laundry basket work? Job well done on the 3D cake!

Kyle & Beth Pettit said...

Wow, I am impressed with the cake. It all looked great!

Risala Furniture said...

The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much
cheap outdoor cushions Dubai