Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sioux Central Friends!!

Erica, Marla, me, Sue, Jarvis, Jolene, and Wendy

I spent the past two days up in northwest Iowa, visiting my long lost friends that I used to teach with at Sioux Central, in Sioux Rapids. It was a long drive up there with icy roads, but we made it with only a few slips! Monday evening, we met several other teachers at a restaurant in Storm Lake. It was great to chat with them all since it has been a year and a half since I have seen them! We talked school most of the time; it doesn't sound like Sioux Central has changed too much. I missed seeing my friend Emma, who I had in fifth grade. Her mom came, but unfortunately Emma got sick that afternoon! Bummer!!
After we finished at the restaurant, I headed back to Erica's. I missed this girl so much!! We've struggled keeping in touch. The time difference makes it hard to talk! It was so wonderful to see her again!!

At their house, we spent the evening playing Wii sports. The kids got it for Christmas and wanted to play some more! They hadn't gotten their fill yet. We tried out bowling, tennis, ski ball, and a race track! I wasn't very good at any of them. The kids beat me almost every time! I was struggling hard to keep my eyes open! The kids were outlasting me! Carter was nice to lend me his bed for the night! In the morning, we woke up and played some more Wii, still in our pj's!

I sure am going to miss this family (and Todd too. He unfortunately had to work.) They are all so wonderful! I'm hoping to see them in August, if they can make the trip down!

Erica, thanks for sharing your house with me! Keep in touch!

1 comment:

Risala Furniture said...

Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me. timber cladding abu dhabi