Thursday, December 10, 2009

Counting the Days...

I am more than ready for Christmas break! Not only do I get to go home and see my family and friends, but I get a break from school and the rest of my life. Things have been so hectic that I can barely keep up. I feel like I'm drowning this week. Usually I can at least keep my head above water, but that's not the case this week.

School has been kicking me in the rear! I have two kids that just wreck the whole class. I try to not let them, but it's just tough! I had one that was out for several days, but that still created work for me. I had to prepare a huge packet to take to her while she was gone. I was called at 7:30 and mom asked for homework. I was on a field trip with my class all morning, returning at 11:00. I took my kids to lunch at 11:10 and admin. asked if I could have her work ready to go by 11:30. Well, that just didn't happen! They had to wait until 12:30, because they didn't give me any time. She needed all of this week's work and I hadn't even made lesson plans yet. So, I whipped some things up quick and sent a packet on its way. I also have a little boy that makes my hair go grey!! This was his first full day of school all week. The rest of the days he has been sent home early because I can't handle him. Two of the days he ran away and hid in the school. We had lots of people looking for him before we finally caught him running around. The other day he bit another student in my class! I think it's quite safe to say that there is never a dull moment in my day! Sometimes I wonder why I even write lesson plans. I rarely follow them. I deal too much with discipline to get a lesson taught!

On top of all that, I have gotten ready for my two Christmas parties. The first one is tomorrow night. I was at Krista's house until after 10:00 last night making homemade chocolate. We painted colors in molds and then filled them with chocolate. They look great, but took a lot of time. We then wrapped them all individually and put them into a neat Christmas bag. I sure hope the ladies appreciate them. I still have some more shopping to do for the other Christmas party. I have until Monday and will need every minute I can get. I don't have too terribly much planned for Saturday, so will use that time.

On top of that, I have done lots of kid watching of the Kennaugh boys. They are fun boys, but after a long day at work, they can get tiring! I'm so glad they are good at doing things on their own and don't require much attention. Even baby Spencer can play for hours on his own, being perfectly content.

On top of that, I am now coaching a third and fourth grade basketball team. One of the boys on the team is in my class, but the rest are in different classes. Tonight was our first game. We lost, but I don't think by too many. We don't actually keep score, but they definitely made more than we did. It was fun to watch them run around the court. They don't know exactly what to do yet, so I did a lot of coaching (yelling at them so they could here my over the loud crowd).

There's more, but that's enough for now. I don't have any fun pictures to share either. I have done lots of things that I should have taken pictures of, but I didn't take the time to take pictures. Ohs wells! You're survive!

I have a crying baby. Time to go! Have a good Thursday everyone!!

3 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Crazy sister. You need some time to be still...so you can keep your sanity. I'll make sure you do that once you get back to the US.

Kyle & Beth Pettit said...

Hang in there! Coaching basketball, how fun. I coached a 3rd-4th grade team when I was in the states...I loved it, I hope you enjoy!

Risala Furniture said...

Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibilitypergolas abu dhabi