Thursday, December 24, 2009

Sounds and Smells of the Christmas Season!

I have been home for three days now (and Monday night when I went straight to bed) and I'm definitely enjoying it! I love being with my family and friends and enjoying the wonderful winter of Iowa!

On Tuesday, Mom, Lindsey, Carson, and I went shopping in Waterloo. I needed to get a few things that I can't find in Germany. I bought a few pairs of dress pants and lots of drink mix to send to Jay. After spending a lot of money, we came home. I made a mess in the living room as I wrapped all of my Christmas presents. I brought everything home from various countries for my gifts this year! I was very lucky that it all made it on and off the plane in one piece! Mom and Nicole helped me wrap as I had quite a pile! In the evening, Dad and I went to Jesup to watch the high school girls and boys basketball game. I didn't know many of the people, but it was fun to watch! I haven't seen a game for a few years!

On Wednesday, we layed low and stayed in the house most of the day. Adam, Lindsey, and Carson were here all day, so I got lots of cuddling time! He's such a sweet lil' guy! Mom and Nicole put together a few cookie and candy trays with all (25 batches worth) of Mom's homemade treats. I sat and watched and sampled!! They all tasted wonderful! Nicole and I ran up to Waterloo to get Dad's Christmas present. It was the last thing we needed! So now I'm completely finished. In the evening, I had my two best friends over! I haven't seen them for quite some time and really missed them! We played some games, opened gifts, and enjoyed root beer floats! It was great to catch up with them and hear how life is treating them!

My wonderful friends, Ashley and Amy

Playing Scattegories


My new puzzle from Ashley


Trying to figure it out.... we weren't successful!

We also played Cootie, a game we played together when we were probably five! But we still had fun!!

Even though the day was extremely enjoyable with all the things I did, the ABSOLUTE BEST PART OF THE DAY was when Jay called! I knew he was calling, so I didn't leave the house until after I got to talk to him. He's doing good! Trying to stay warm, but not having any trouble staying busy! I'm really missing him this Christmas, but glad I have a family close to me. They help me feel not so lonely.
This morning, I woke up and walked down the steps. As soon as I opened the door, I see this in front of me...

How can that not put a smile on your face! I absolutly love Christmas! I also could smell mom's Christmas candles burning. The sounds, the smells, the sights, all wonderful!! I didn't put up any decorations at our house this year since neither Jay nor I were going to be there. I'm so glad Mom goes all out with her decorations! I love them!!

2 comments:

Kyle & Beth Pettit said...

Wow...I am so glad you get to be with your family and are having such a great time. I hope enjoy your holidays with them. But, we will look forward to seeing you when you get back.
-I'm not sure why Kyle has to wait so long for his surgery. Kyle says "because the Army says so." But really I think it has more to do with the swelling. We are having to work hard at getting it to go down! Plus...maybe the doctors wanted a little Christmas break. ;)

Risala Furniture said...

Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me. repairs service abu dhabi