Thursday, December 3, 2009

Weekend with the Boys

The weekend that Jay left, I had five boys to keep my mind off of him. I stayed with them all day Saturday, over night, and all day Sunday while their mom and dad went on a weekend alone. Their daddy was deploying the next week, and with five kids running around the house, they don't get much alone time. On Saturday, I played taxi most of the day. The older three are very active, so for several hours I was dropping one off and picking another up. It worked well for me though because it kept me busy. We had a quiet afternoon and then went to a Thanksgiving meal on Saturday night. It was supper for all the teachers. I had a lot of people ask if I had kids, but I said I just adopted them for the weekend.

On Sunday, I had them all ready to go and out the door to make it in time for 9:00 church. We were all sitting down and settled by the time service started. People were impressed!! Even the chaplin that was giving announcements made a comment about us being there on time! Nonetheless, I'm glad I have to start with only one baby, and not five. I was really thankful the older three can get themselves ready and get their own breakfast. That made it a lot easier. The rest of the day was very calm. Each boy was doing their own thing, so the house was quiet. I actually got some papers graded in the afternoon. We did play Monopoly later on in the afternoon. I didn't do very well, but it was still fun to play.

This lil guy slept most of the time. I was hoping to would cuddle with me to make my saddness go away. I did get some time to hold him, but it wasn't enough! But on the other hand, I'm glad he slept so much. It was one less boy to worry about!

These boys are fun to be around, but I can't imagine having them all day, every day. I would be completely worn out. I don't know how their mom does it! She sure is super mom!! I get to keep the boys tomorrow after school again. Mom wants a night out on her own, with peace and quiet. This deployment has had a rough start for her, so please say a prayer! She'll need a lot of patience and contentment this year!

2 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Yo sista! I think we could start up a business of this kid wrangling stuff. You in? If I lived in the same country as you guys, I'd love to help out. Bummer.

Risala Furniture said...

Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility pergola making and installing services abu dhabi